Me and my Fire
I purchased both the 'larger' Amazon Fire and the keyboard for it early in 2025 but I never really realized its capabilities and what I can use it for until now......and damn, I am beginning to love it!
The screen - it looks like - is 9"x5" big enough for a split screen (2 pages at a time) viewing of The New Yorker that I can now read for free from the Santa Monica Public Library because I am a member (as well as an author in their catalog).........and hey, while that screen is far too small to read, just a two-finger enlargement makes my having AMD and not being able to read the actual magazine anymore, the solution to continuing to love reading that truly wonderful magazine!!!
And the Fire works as an e-book reader alternative to both Kindle and Kobo, thus, all my reading is now available on one tablet (and a tablet/computer - this trustworthy, albeit ancient Surface Pro, which will be deskbound, here at home).
On Monday I go to the Geek Squad at Best Buy to get MP4s to run (after I screwed things up by probably pressing the wrong button)
And over time, who knows what I'll find I can do with this thing???!!!!!
Comments
Post a Comment