It's Friday but it feels like Saturday

 Now, without weekend bicycling and after doing Sweet Dreams last night, we stayed in bed later than usual.  Obviously, we got up......I did my morning walk.....got two different chips at Trader Joe's....perused and selectively printed and read this morning's news papers......answered UCLA Health and set up a 29 December follow-up medical appointment......and am now fully involved in procrastinating through the balance of this morning, avoiding responsible tasks that should have been done a couple of days ago.....etc, etc, etc......

And yet......true to the procrastinating spirit of things, yesterday afternoon I started binge reading.  First,  I completed this week's New Yorker for free, off of the Libby app.  Then I completed reading Closing Time, Joseph Heller's 'sequel' to Catch 22, 32 years after the original was published.  Of course it was not close to the original......perhaps I should have read Something Happened instead of Closing Time.......regardless, not only did I complete that yesterday afternoon but then I binge finished Coleson Whitehead's Cool Machine.  I really liked this novel......even more so than the two prize winning novels of his I had already read.

And today.........I'm going to continue with the Kobo Reader (also on my old iPad Mini!!) and put a day into Crown City by Naomi Hirahara, a turn of the prior century immigrant to Pasadena historical fiction crime novel.  Great premise...needs a day to determine if I want to read it further than that......we'll see.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday morning

7 Baseball

It has been awhile.........